Jon Straw focuses on construction law and government contracts with experience in claim preparation, litigation, arbitration, mediation arising from changes, delays, and payment disputes. Jon has successfully represented and assisted prime contractors, subcontractors and public and private owners in both state and federal courts and before arbitration panels. Coming from a family of design professionals and problem solvers, Jon has a unique enthusiasm for construction.
Recent types of projects and locations:
- Electric Substation and Switchyard, Manitoba
- Hydro-Electric Power Generation Plant, Pennsylvania
- Hydro-Electric Pumped-Storage Plant, California
- Wastewater Treatment Plant, Virginia
- U.S. Air Force Base Housing Development, Missouri
- Transcontinental Oil Pipeline, Midwestern United States
- U.S. Army Base Housing Development, Georgia
- Water Pipeline, Virginia
- IDIQ U.S. Department of Defense Contract, South Carolina
- Commercial Office Building, California
Jon has a concrete foundation in advocacy with a thorough understanding and proven ability to use all available means of persuasion to solve problems for clients. Before practicing law, he worked on several political fundraising and grassroots issue campaigns for corporate and association clients by crafting and delivering targeted persuasive messages. His training and experience are well-suited to analyzing and simplifying complex construction matters while understanding the interests of all parties involved to
effectively and efficiently advocate for clients.
Jon is a graduate of Western State University College of Law (J.D., 2010) and Missouri State University (M.A., 2003; B.A., 2001). He is admitted to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia, District of Columbia and related Federal Courts.